Monday, May 07, 2007

Up All Night...



Up all day - hey wait - that's not how Slaughter sings it. But so goes my life. Friday night was the Relay for Life and needless to say there wasn't much sleeping going on, but I did enjoy it anyway. The plan was for me and the kids to leave around nine and go home and get some sleep, then Brian would come home around two and I would go back. But by the time the luminary service and the fireworks were over (which the kids insisted on staying to see) it was nearly 11:30 before we got home and in bed. Then at 2:15 I was up again. Nobody could believe I actually came back. Trust me it was tempting to stay there in my nice warm, comfortable bed, but when I say I will do something, I try my best to do it. I went back and stayed until 6:45. I was back home by 7, and after walking almost 38,000 steps or 12.5 miles in 24 hours my body was weary. But I had a hard time sleeping. I napped until 9 am then I was up the rest of the day. I still haven't completely recovered, but I will survive.

I went to a family reunion Saturday. I wasn't really in the mood considering my lack of sleep, but I did enjoy getting to see some cousins that I haven't visited with in a while. It was also a boost to my ego because several people that had not seen me in several years had to ask who I was. They couldn't believe how much weight I had lost. That was definitely an nsv for me.

No comments: