Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Belated Mother's Day

Happy Mother's day everyone. So it's a day late big deal - every mother deserves recognition EVERYDAY!


I had a wonderful weekend. We went to the Traveler's game Friday night and even though we didn't stay all that long due to the lightening we had a good time. The kids enjoyed it a lot - especially Skylar. She got to play with Miss Kathy, so I don't know that either of them got to see any of the game.
Stephen got to run the bases between the two games and he really got a kick out of it. He was really wanting to catch a ball but the only time one came near us he wasn't paying attention. While we were there we met up with some of Brian's friends from work. Stephen played with their niece for most of the time we were there. He is quite the ladies man.


I had said I hoped to get a little reading done this weekend, and believe it or not I did. I finished the book Waiting for Morning by Karen Kingsbury. It was really a good story about a family touched by drunk driving. It follows the book of Lamentations. I also read some more in The Beck Diet Solution. The new tasks introduced were to always eat sitting down, to eat more slowly and mindfully, which makes perfect sense, and to find a diet coach.


I really tried to pay attention to what I was eating this weekend and take my time eating it. I had never realized how often I eat standing up. I can see where it will be helpful to pay attention to EVERY bite that goes into my mouth. As far a getting a diet coach, I already have several of those. Brian helps me to keep on track at home. At church, Tanya is always there following the same plan I am so that helps immensely. And at work there is Kathy. I guess she is my primary coach because we spend a lot of time discussing what she learns at meetings as well as sharing the ups and downs of our week. I know I would have never succeeded in keeping off the weight I have lost if it weren't for having a few people I felt accountable to.

No comments: