Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Don't Ask Why

It is hard not to ask why when bad things happen to good people. Romans 8:28 says,

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


I know God has a plan and everything works together for his plan, but it seems here lately that so many things have been happening that are hard not to question.

Brian's cousin and close friend was diagnosed with colon cancer last week. He is only 35 years old, and he has two young boys. They did surgery yesterday and found that it had spread to his lymph nodes. The prognosis isn't good. I know that God can work miracles, but it is still hard not to wonder why this is happening. I will be praying daily for a miracle, as well as for God to give him the strength to endure, and the comfort that only God can provide.

Another friend of mine lost a cousin to cancer yesterday. He was only 40 and had only been diagnosed for seven weeks. It progressed extremely fast. He left a wife and three children. His family really needs our prayers during this time. I can't imagine how they must be feeling. They are a Christian family as well, so I pray that they receive comfort from God during this heartbreaking time.

Meanwhile, it really makes me thankful for my health as well as the health of my family. It also makes me realize how important it is to see a doctor at the first sign of anything out of the ordinary. I will be making an appointment soon just to get a checkup and I suggest that you all do the same.

1 comment:

jenny leigh said...

I want to Thank you for all the prayers for my family...It is hard not to question why when things like this happen, but like you said It all plays a part in God's Plan and we just have to know that it will all work out...may not be how we want it or think it should be...I prayed for him to just wake up and be cured many times until the night before he passed away and that night I prayed that God take care of the situation. He did in the best way possible...