Ok so I know I have neglected my blog...but only 20 more days till this madness ends. Hopefully before then I will at least get my Easter pictures off my camera so you can see how cute my kids looked.
Since there is little else on my mind these days other than work, I'll let you in on a few secrets of the accounting world:
- Your accountant/tax preparer loves it when you use little yellow sticky notes attached to each bit of information you bring in for your taxes. After all we are not aware of what a W-2 looks like.
- Please feel free to include vague and obscure information that may or may not be relevent to your taxes with no explanation whatsoever.
- Whatever you do - DO NOT leave a current phone number where you can be reached. We enjoy tracking clients down not only to explain the above mentioned vague information but it gives us great pleasure to spend half a day trying to get in touch with you to let you know your return is ready.
- Please use as many staples as you possibly can to attach each piece of paper together. We thoroughly enjoy pulling them each out one by one, and then stepping on them later because they flew across the room since no one has yet thought to make staple pullers magnetic.
- And last but not least - don't bother bringing everything in that is needed to prepare your taxes on your first visit. It is much more convenient to wait until you come in to pick up your tax return for you to tell us that you had thirty-seven pages of deductions that we didn't include. Because after all - we have nothing better to do than to do your tax return twice...
Enough complaining for now - however I do reserve the right to add to this list at any given time.