Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thankful Thursday




I am trying something new this week. In my recent blog surfing I have come across a bunch of wonderful blogs. One of them hosts a weekly meme called Thankful Thursday. I know I don't tell God often enough just how grateful I am for all of His blessings, so I am going to try to participate weekly in this meme.

Today I would just like to say how thankful I am for:

  • My children's health. So often I hear about some child that is afflicted with some horrible disease, and is suffering because of it. I don't know if I could bear seeing one of my children suffer.
  • The opportunity God gives me to start each day fresh with Him. To know that God wipes the slate clean each time I confess my sin to Him is something to truly be grateful for.
  • My prayer warrior friends. I have been blessed with several close friends that really know how to pray without ceasing. I know that all I have to do is ask and they will immediately go to God in prayer about any situation in my life. To know that they are praying for me even when I don't ask is an even greater blessing.
  • A family that's not afraid to say "I love you." Each time one of my kids voluntarily tells me that they love me, my heart swells (even when they are doing it to get out of trouble). I still love to hear Brian tell me that he loves me. It is a blessing to know you are loved. I know I need to work harder about telling my parents, sister, and in-laws that I love them. I know they know that I love them, but just as hearing those words blesses me, I imagine it would be a blessing for them to hear it from me.
OK - that wasn't so hard.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Welcome to thankful thursday, glad you are here. I enjoyed your list.

Robin said...

Welcome aboard. You have a great list. And you are so right - the spoken words "I love you" are so very important!

Anonymous said...

You are such a blessing to me in so many ways! I thank God for you every day! I love you

Anonymous said...

Surf on over to visit me.Good list gratitude well said. We should all remember how blessed we are.

Please think about joining us for Fruit in the Spirit Friday tomorrow. Each Friday morning there will be a FOSF post and My Linky.