Thursday, May 15, 2008

Something a Little Different

We recently started a new prayer group at our church. It is a Moms in Touch group and we meet once a week to pray for our children and our schools for one hour. We had our first meeting on May 5th and I decided to go just to see what it was all about. After listening, I knew it was something that I needed to do. All was good until it was actually time to go to the first real meeting. We were supposed to start at 6. I got back to town after work at 5:30. This gave me 30 minutes to talk myself in and out of going - I actually felt like those cartoons where there is a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. While I knew I was supposed to go and that God wanted me to go, the devil kept tempting me not to go. You see I am one of those people that rarely prays out loud, and that is one of the key elements of this group. So the devil kept popping excuses in my head, reasons not to go. But in the end I went, and I really got a blessing from it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined, and I know I will grow spiritually from it, not to mention my kids and our schools need all the prayer they can get.

No comments: