Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Can you believe...

School will be out in just two weeks. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was taking Skylar for her very first day of preschool? Now she is registered for kindergarten and we go next week for her evaluation at school. And Stephen is almost a third grader. How did that happen? Where did the time go? I know they are looking forward to being out of school - my mother on the other hand would probably prefer year round school for them since she will have them at her house most of the summer. I do have plans to be off most Friday's while they are out. Maybe we can plan some fun stuff to do. I would love to take them swimming some, and of course there are our trips to the library. I am so glad my kids like the library. Go ahead and call us nerds - we don't care.

As for summer vacation plans, so far we have none. We don't want to get too far from home - gas is too high to travel to far off - but we would like a short getaway. Skylar says we have to go back to Tennessee this year and stay at the same place because she really liked the pool. While I don't foresee us going back there this year, we will have to be sure to find a place that lives up to her swimming expectations. I am sure we will think of something - if you have any suggestions please feel free to comment.

No comments: