Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Moms Don't Know It All

Skylar is sick. She hasn't acted sick. She's not run a fever. She only has an annoying little cough that doesn't want to go away. We have been giving her allergy medicine and cough syrup, but after a week of coughing it was daddy that was convinced that she needed to go to the doctor, and now mom feels like a real heel, because guess what - she has pneumonia. I feel horrible for not taking her to the doctor sooner, but my "mom sense" kept telling me it was just a cold. She hasn't acted anything like Stephen did when he had pneumonia last spring. Granted, even the doctor was perplexed by the fact that she had not had any fever, I still feel like I should have known. But now she is on the mend, with 10 days worth of antibiotics - and she didn't even have to get a shot. Keep her in your prayers, that she has a quick recovery and is as good as new in no time.

No comments: