There are so many things that I am thankful for this week. I am truly blessed.
- In light of many things currently going on in the lives of so many couples that I know, today I am most thankful for my marriage. While Brian and I are by no means the perfect couple, we are a team. Not too long ago, I felt that we weren't as united as we should be. We talked it over. We prayed about it. Now as I look around us, I can see that we are closer than ever, and we never were that far apart. I see relationships all around us crumbling. The devil has moved right in and driven a wedge between people that are supposed to stand by each other no matter what. It is painful to watch, and I can't imagine how painful it must be for those involved. I pray often for those that have been deceived. I pray that they will realize what they are losing before it is too late, and that the wounds will be healed. I also pray that Brian and I will continue to grow closer not only to each other, but to God as well.
- I am thankful for my nephew JD's desire to go to church.
- I am thankful for Skylar being such a big girl at the dentist yesterday.
- I am thankful for Stephen's reading abilities, and his desire to do well in school.
- I am thankful for the new Casting Crowns cd. Several of the songs have really spoken to me personally.
- I am thankful that the Lord has blessed Brian and me with jobs that allow us to provide for our kids.
- I am thankful for God's ability to not only forgive, but to forget. As far as the east is from the west, [so] far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12
He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.Micah 7:19
- I am thankful that the Spirit still convicts me daily.
So what are you thankful for? I challenge each of you reading to count your blessings. You don't have to share them, but believe me when I say that sharing these here each week has been a blessing to me. When I sit and think about all of the things that I have to be thankful for my heart overflows with gratitude to God for his provision. Check out Sting My Heart for more inspirational posts, and if you do decide to write about what you are thankful for be sure to let me know - I would love to read it.