Monday, August 06, 2007

As Busy as I've Been...

You would think I would have more to post about. But life has been pretty boring. I kind of like it that way though. I know I still haven't reported much on vacation, but I have yet to remember to bring my pictures to work with me so that I can upload some. I hope someday to have internet service at home that is faster than snail mail.

We have a very busy schedule over the next couple of weeks. I can't believe that school will be start in just 2 weeks. We get to find out who Stephen's teacher is next Tuesday night. I don't know much about t he second grade teachers, but I do know of one that I hope he does not get. This particular teacher has been teaching forever - in fact she was my sister's second grade teacher - and no one has ever liked her, at least no one that I know of.

We are also still praying for the pre-school situation for Skylar. I would truly love for her to get into a good program this fall. We are on the waiting list, but still waiting to hear. We had hoped to send her to the one that is at the kindergarten, but at $130.00/week it is just out of our price range. I know that if it is in God's plan for her to go that something will open up, but it is hard to wait and not know.

On top of getting ready for back to school, we have revival at church all next week. That means late evenings for us. I am usually in bed by 9 and there is no way we will even be out of church by 9 each night. I may have to slip some naps in at lunch. I expect our revival to be a good one. Right now our church is growing by leaps and bounds, both in numbers and in spirit. Our evangelist is the same one we had last year, and he brought such good messages. The only problem is the heat. With 100+ temperatures predicted for next week, our poor little church will be very hot. Our a/c units just aren't big enough to cool our sanctuary in that kind of heat when you add 100+ people to the mix. My prayer is that the heat doesn't hinder anyone from getting a blessing.

1 comment:

jenny leigh said...

I just have a feeling that the Church will be just the right Temp!