Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's My Birthday

And I’m not crying. I lost 3 pounds this week. I am inching closer and closer to my goal. I went shopping Saturday and couldn’t find anything that fit – because everything was too big. I have never had that happen before. Makes me wonder though – is everyone in the world always the same size I am? It never seems to matter what size I am, that is the size they are out of when I am looking for clothes.

As is obvious by the loss this week, I made it through both the cookout Saturday and the breakfast Sunday without getting off track. I took my own food for both events and stayed away from the fat laden items everyone else brought – and I didn’t feel a bit deprived. It helped a lot that Tanya was there eating the same things I was. We supported each other and it makes a big difference. I am really proud of her too. She has lost quite a bit since the beginning of the year and it is really starting to show.

My birthday also means that tax season is almost over. Only one week left, and trust me the countdown is on. I am ready for things to settle down here at work. The constant phone ringing and people in and out all day long begins to get on everyone’s nerves by this time of year.

No comments: