Thursday, April 05, 2007

Going Good

I'll start by saying that I really feel like I am on the right track right now with my weight watchers. I have had a really good week full of good choices and while the scale didn't show it Tuesday on my "official" weigh in day, I really think it will next week. Of course a lot of that will hinge on my making good choices this weekend. Saturday we have a cookout to go to and I am seriously considering taking my own fat free hot dogs or a boca burger so that I can have what everyone else is having without paying the consequences. Then on Sunday morning we are having breakfast at church after sunrise service. Of course there is nothing low fat on the menu so I think I will take a tray of fresh fruit. Now if only I don't get lazy.

I am finally getting my wedding set re sized, after over a year of wearing a sizer on it to keep it from falling off. Brian asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and since he made it very clear that he did not want to buy a new wedding set, I told him to have this one sized and the prongs fixed on my engagement ring. He took it to the jewelry store yesterday and I really feel lost without it.

On another note, I saw this video this morning and it really made me think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2gD80jv5ZQ If you watch it you will see that they transform a very average looking lady into a gorgeous model for their ad. However, this really distorts our view of what beauty is. When we see these models in ads we really don't see what it takes to achieve this look. She has tons of people working on her, and then the photo is edited so that it doesn't even look like her. So how in the world are we supposed to ever achieve this notion of beauty if the model in the picture cant even get there without the help of makeup artists and photo editors?

No comments: