Monday, April 09, 2007

Good Friday...No It Was GREAT Friday


The most amazing thing happened Friday night. We attended a Passion Play at the Russellville Assembly of God church with our church. It was a very moving production. At the end of the play, the preacher led the congregation in prayer asking anyone that wanted to become a Christian to repeat the prayer. Stephen was sitting with Kelton in front of Bro. Wayne. After prayer Stephen turned to Wayne and said, "I prayed that prayer." Wayne later said that he didn't think much about it, and just told him good job buddy.


A few minutes later as everyone was leaving Stephen came up to me crying his heart out. He was supposed to spend the night with Kelton and I thought that he had backed out. I kept asking him what was wrong and he kept saying he didn't know. I asked if he still wanted to go to Kelton's and he said yes that wasn't it. So I continued to ask questions, and I finally knew what was happening. God had broken his heart. He wanted Wayne to come and pray with him.


Wayne's first reaction was the same as mine when he saw him crying. He thought he had backed out on staying over with Kelton. But it soon became apparent to him that my boy was being called by Jesus. He asked him a few questions and then prayed with him. Sitting on the next to the last pew by door 2 at the Russellville Assembly of God Church, Stephen accepted Christ into his heart and confessed Him as his saviour. It was the most amazing and touching thing. I will never forget it as long as I live, and I pray that he doesn't either.


No comments: