I almost skipped this today, but I felt convicted to forge ahead even though I really didn't "feel like" being thankful today. I know that I should always give thanks, especially at those times when I feel the least like doing it. When I start to count my blessings, I realize just how good God is to me and inevitably it lifts my spirits.
- I am thankful for 13 years of marriage to a wonderful man who not only loves me and our children very much, even when we don't deserve it, but he loves Christ as well.
- I am thankful that God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son that I may have everlasting life - even though I don't deserve it.
- I am thankful once again for every time that I hear the words "I love you" from my family.
- I am thankful for my Christian friends who love Christ and me enough to offer words of encouragement when God puts it on their hearts.
- I am thankful for soldiers who love their country enough to fight for my freedom.
For a real blessing and more thankful Thursday lists visit Iris at Sting My Heart.