Friday, February 20, 2009

Big Day #1

Today is the first of two big days in our quest to buy our new home. In just a few short hours we will officially sell our home. While I am more than ready to move to our new house, I have so many fond memories of our first home. When Brian and I married, almost 15 years ago, we lived in a small duplex - ironically it is only a mile from our new house. We stayed there for almost a year before moving to my great-uncle's rent house north of Morrilton. We loved it there, but after I graduated from college and got a job we knew it was time to stop throwing our money out the window by renting.

We first looked at our current house on March 1, 1997. We closed on it a month later and became homeowners. We have had so many blessings during the last 12 years in this house. It is the only home either of our children have ever known. We have celebrated a lot of birthdays and Christmases there. We have entertained our friends and family there. And though there are things I will miss about it, it now it is time to move on to bigger and better things. Mostly bigger...I can't wait to have space to invite people over and not feel like we are all on top of each other. I get claustrophobic when we have company now. I look forward to Monday, when we get to start making new memories in our new home.

No comments: