Thursday, July 24, 2008

Still Waiting Patiently

Well we have not heard a thing yet on the offer we made. It's been hard to not get my hopes up but I am doing ok. Of course there has been a good amount of daydreaming about what we will do if we get the house. There is a growing list of things that we need to do to our house to get it ready to sell. The first thing is to rent a storage locker and move some of the stuff out - just to make it look bigger and not so cramped. With that there will be a lot of decluttering - at least I hope. We have so much stuff that we just don't need and don't use. There are also all the little fix-ups that need to be done. Which gets me to thinking - why is it that we do all these things if we think it will make our house more desirable to someone else, yet we don't do them for ourselves. After all, some of the things we are talking about doing we have been living with for years. Oh well, hopefully we will hear something soon.

Oh, another thing I have learned, I have more patience than Brian does. Several times he has wanted to call our realtor to see if she has heard anything. I told him that I am quite sure that if she had she would let us know. I really can't imagine why she wouldn't. And hounding her isn't going to make things go any faster.

No comments: