Monday, July 21, 2008

Avoiding Disappointment

First, I should tell you that we made an offer on a new house yesterday. You would think that I would be overflowing with excitement and anticipation, right? Well, I am not. As much as I would love to sit and dream about this new house being ours, I will not let myself. I have realized that I have some weird defense mechanism that I won't allow myself to get excited about something like this because I don't want to feel disappointed later. I do have to say that I don't feel as nervous about making this offer as I have in the past when we have made such huge financial decisions. As much as I want this to work out so that we get the house, I have put it all in God's hands. If He wants us to have this house, He will make a way. It will be Him who decides whether the owner accepts our offer. It will be Him who decides whether our current house will sell. Or it will be Him who decides this isn't the right move for us to make and He will close the doors on it. In the meantime, I am sitting here trying not to get my hopes up too high because I don't want to be too disappointed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel about not getting your hopes up too high - it does take away some of the fun of things though....I have often wondered what makes me that way when others can get soooo excited, then not really be too let down if things don't go as planned when I on the other had get sooo excited that I am bitterly disappointed if things don't go as I had hoped.....I will pray that you guys get the perfect house for you - I am sitll working on learning to give things to the Lord....and leave them.