Saturday, February 18, 2012

Wow - February is Almost Gone

I can't believe February is almost over.  Two months of 2012 are soon to be gone.  January and February have been busy as usual.  Tax season is upon us at work...lots of extra hours being put in.  We will survive it just like we always have, even though it seems very overwhelming at times.

Another season of Upward is about to go in the record books.  This  is Stephen's last year to get to play.  He wishes he could keep playing.  He has really stepped up this year.  He is a lot more aggressive on the court.  He made more shots in his first game than he even attempted in the last two years of play.  Skylar is still cheering.  She loves it and I think she will continue to cheer in the upcoming years.

I got an e-reader for Christmas and I have been putting it to good use.  I have found that I can get books free from www.christianbook.com, and I have been hoarding up almost everything they offer.  I have always loved reading, but I honestly didn't know whether I would like reading on an e-reader or not, so when I requested one, I asked for a cheaper no-name brand.  So far I love it more than I thought I would.  It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that some of them have, but for just reading books it is great.  So far I have read Child of the Mist, The Help, Explosive Eighteen, and Directed Verdict.  I also just finished reading The Devil in Pew Number Seven in paperback.  Sometimes you just can't beat the feel of a real book in your hands especially when you receive it for free just for reviewing it.  I plan to review more of the books I read - especially the ones I download for free, but you know how plans are sometimes...we will see how that works out.

No comments: