Friday, December 19, 2008

Stung by the Spelling Bee

I am so proud of Stephen. He won his class spelling bee yesterday. He called me as soon as he got off the bus to let me know. I guess it must run in the family. When I was in elementary school, I too won my class spelling bee. Next he advances to the third grade bee, where he will compete against the other other third graders in his school. That was as far as I got when I won. I still remember the word I misspelled - believe. He was really nervous last night after he looked over the words in the study book he was given. I told him not to worry - I can't spell any of those words either. And after all, it doesn't matter if he misspells the very first word he is given, we are very proud of him.

Thank goodness for spellcheck - when I ran it on this post there were four misspelled words - but that has more to do with my lack of typing skills than my lack of spelling skills.

No comments: