Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Election

As this is not a political blog by any stretch, I have not expressed my political opinions here. That is mostly due to the fact that I really have a hard time expressing what I really feel. However, now that the election is over, I can only say that I will continue to pray for this country and it's leaders. America has chosen change over God, but it doesn't have to be that way. We can pray that God will be the one that does the changing. He changes hearts each and everyday and has been forever. And there is one thing that will never change, and that is God. The Bible tells us that He is unchanging. While I am not thrilled with the election results, I will not wallow in disappointment. This country CAN still change for the better. I really like what Lisa has to say about it all in her blog The Preacher's Wife. She expresses what I would like to say in much better terms. So, I will leave the politics up to the politicians, but I will bear my cross and pray daily for those that have been chosen to lead our country. I ask that you join me and pray the following scripture daily for our soon to be president...

Open Barack Obama’s eyes and turn him from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that he may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Jesus. Acts 26:18

No comments: