Monday, June 30, 2008

Build a Bear Bug Workshop

My mother has generously offered to take my kids and my nephew to the local library's summer reading program. They meet once a week and see a program and then come home with all kinds of activities to do. Well this weeks activity was to build a bug - since the theme of the program this summer is "Catch the Reading Bug." My nephew spent the night with us Thursday night, so I decided Friday morning would be a great time for the three of them to build their bugs.

I sat them all down at the kitchen table with a box of scrap paper, scissors, glue and other various craft items. They spent nearly an hour creating their masterpieces. Skylar chose to create a butterfly, Stephen made a ladybug, and JD picked of all things a mosquito. Here are some pictures of them working and their works of art.






No comments: