Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Too Much to Bear?

We had a rough night last night. Brian got to feeling really bad. He had a fever and his heart rate was around 120 for several hours. We ended up in the emergency room for a couple of hours. With his heart history, we just can't ignore any problems he has in that area.

They told him he has a virus that is causing all of it. They told him to double his heart medicine for a few days and to call his regular doctor. So we got home at 11:30 last night, and I was up at 5 to get ready for work. Needless to say my head just isn't in the game today.

I have done a lot of praying since last night. It is hard to understand why we have to go through the trials and sufferings that we do. Is seems unfair that a young (yes early 30's is young) family should have to endure heart problems, but nothing about this life is fair, right?

I have always heard that God will not give you more than you can bear. It is one of those things you are told all of your Christian life, so you assume it is in the Bible. Well I got to looking for it this morning, and was a little amazed to find that those words aren't there. I found this article though that did give me some comfort.

Too Much to Bear?


When life’s difficulties seem unbearable God’s grace and comfort will be equal to your need. His presence will bear you up, Christian friend, and his supernatural help will be sufficient. Our hardships may be quite different from Paul’s but we can certainly identify with him when we face seemingly overwhelming trials in this fallen world. God hasn’t promised us an easy path, but he has promised to be with us. “I will never leave you, nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not fear…” (Heb.13:5-6 NKJ).

So I continue to pray for Brian's health and comfort from the Lord, because without Him to lean on this truly would be too much to bear.


No comments: