Thursday, July 31, 2014

What I Have Learned

Since buying our bikes in late May, I have learned a few things:

  • I love riding my bike
  • Riding is great exercise
  • Eventually the behind does get used to the seat
  • Sometimes I feel like I could ride for hours
  • Sometimes a short ride is plenty
  • I enjoy riding with my family
  • I enjoy riding alone
  • Getting more exercise does not equal weight loss (very discouraging)
  • Long, slow inclines are more tiring than short, steep hills
  • Even riding on hot evenings are tolerable with the wind in your face
  • Did I mention, I love riding my bike


Here are my totals for the month of July - over 100 miles for the month.  If you had told me when we bought the bikes that I would ride that much, I would have never believed you. Can't wait to see what August brings.

2 comments:

Jettie said...

Do you remember when we used to take our bikes over to the park on this side of the river?

Kim said...

Yes I do remember that.