Monday, November 12, 2007

My Adoring Fans

I was informed that my fans miss me. Well I really appreciate that. I think I am about to get over being sick. I still have a headache and a cough that rears its ugly head a little too often for my liking but I do feel much better.

All is well with the kids as well. Skylar is no longer sick and Stephen hasn't caught anything yet. We did all wait patiently in line Friday afternoon to get our flu shots. Hopefully that will prevent us all from getting that dreaded wintertime illness. If you haven't got your shot yet I highly recommend it.

Skylar is going to be the flower girl in a wedding this Saturday. We spent all weekend looking for shoes. Who knew it would be so hard to find a simple pair of white dress shoes in her size. Everywhere we went either didn't have ANYTHING in white or her size. By the time we finally got sick of looking, we settled for a pair of strappy white shoes that are almost sandals. Not what I was looking for but they will do.

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only a week away. The kids will both be out of school for the entire week. I think I will take an extra day or two off myself, if it works into the schedule here at work. We don't have any definite plans yet. When or should I say whether we do anything with Brian's family depends on how his dad feels. He has his last chemo treatment this week. If he feels up to it we will have Thanksgiving there on Thursday at lunch. When my family will get together hasn't even been discussed yet. Somehow we always get stuck scheduling around everyone's other plans.

I would like to go to my grandmother's as well this year. I haven't been there for any holiday in years. I have finally gotten past all of my personal problems with her and it just feels like it's time to let my kids get to know her a little better. She turned 80 a couple of month's ago, so there may not be that many holiday's left to celebrate with her at all.

No comments: